Shanti Niketan Society for Semi-Retired and Seniors is a non-profit community service organisation. The mission of the society is to ensure universal and knowledgeable appreciation about the effects of AGING and to support through direct services and advocacy so that the quality of life may be enhanced for seniors or older people.
Programs and Activities of the Society are Annual Picnic, Yoga Classes, and Workshops for Health and Finance. For more information please contact President Rajiv Ranjan 780-444-5897 or VP Program Jitendra Patel at 780-782-0855.
Objectives of the Society:
- To operate as a non-profit community service organisation
- To develop a resource centre for community service by renting, building or purchasing and operating appropriate facilities
- To develop health and wellness programs, lectures, seminars, workshops and other programs on health promotion and maintenance
- To develop a pool of volunteers to participate in outreach programs through which it will help seniors in isolation in home bound, hospitals or in other institution
- To develop programs to promote peace and tranquility in life, using the time-tested concept of East Indians Philosophy of life in post retirement period as suited to modern times in Canada
- To provide emotional, socio cultural, psychological, recreational, library facilities and other programs
- To participate in networking with other seniors groups and organisations and form liaison with various levels of governments and organisations
- To facilitate suitable residential accommodation for seniors to live in a community of friendly cooperative environment by renting, building or by other means